Thursday, November 18, 2010

18th November 2010, What did you do during the workshop? Do you prefer the workshop at the Stage Doors School of Performing Arts or the workshop at the Western Australia Youth Theatre? State the reasons for your preference.

We played various games at the workshop like we did more stretching compared to yesterday. We also played this game to like, warm up our voices. I think the workshop today was much more fun and entertaining than yesterday's workshop because yesterday's workshop was focusing more on character development but today's workshop was focusing more on like, playing out the characters which were like inanimate objects. I think today's workshop required more on our creativity because we made advertisements within a given time. The games today was also more engaging and I could really see that everyone was having fun because we were constantly laughing and smiling. Personally, I loved today's workshop because it was so funny to try to be like dinosaurs and selling the best toy in the world and it was really really really really really FUN! :D
-Faizah
I prefer the western australia youth theatre workshop because it was more fun and hands onwhich helped in our character development. I enjoyed the theatre workshop because it wasfun and the instructor was also very hilarious and fun.
-Chang weng kong

We did a lot of voice and stretching exercises. I liked both workshops, Stage Doors and Western Australia Youth Theatre. The courses helped me to be less self conscious, and more imaginative.
The instructors managed the courses very well. I had a deeper understanding of drama after attended the workshops. (:
- Annabel Fung.

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher-in-charge, I must say that this immersion experience has, in many ways, been informative and insightful to me. Just like the student participants, I too have gained fresh insights into the dynamic and emotive world of drama, both as a tool of self discovery and as a performing art as well.

    At the end of the day, I'm just glad that apart from all the knowledge the student participants have gained through a wide array of enjoyable activities, they have also become much closer to one another. In short, the caring spirit has blossomed amongst them and I'm sure, will continue to thrive well into the future.

    Mr K C Tan

    ReplyDelete